Butter slime is a type of slime that is very soft and malleable in texture. Butter slime is almost like a stretchier version of PlayDoh! To make butter slime, start by making a fluffy slime and then add lotion and shaving foam to your glue before mixing in the activator.
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- shaving foam
- modeling clay
1. Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with ¼ cup of water (this will make the glue more mixable with other ingredients).
2. In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called the activator and is what will make the glue turn into slime!
3. To the glue, add food coloring if you would like and add in your shaving foam. The more shaving foam you add, the fluffier your slime will be. Mix well.
4. Add in your activator to the glue mixture 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Make sure to stir often. Be careful not to add too much activator or your slime will become too firm!
5. After you have activated your fluffy slime, knead in your modeling clay (or for a fluffier texture- Crayola’s Model Magic)!