Want to see slime come alive? Add some iron oxide to your slime. Since this recipe can get real messy, you may want to use disposable gloves during the mixing of the iron oxide. Remember that magnetic slime should not be ingested.
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- 3-5 Tbsp iron oxide
- Neodymium Magnets (regular magnets may not be strong enough to detect the iron.
- Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with around a ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
- In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called activator, because this is what makes the glue turn into slime!
- To the activator, add about 3-5 tablespoons of the iron oxide and stir until smooth.
- Add activator to the glue/water mixture at about a teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Be careful not to add too much or your slime will be too firm!
- Now you can use the neodymium magnets to make your slime come alive!