To make crunchy slime, all you need to do is add small polystyrene balls (you can find these at any craft store or on amazon).
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- Small polystyrene balls
- Food coloring (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
1. Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with ¼ cup of water (this helps to make the glue more mixable with your other ingredients).
2. In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder with ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called the activator and is what makes the glue turn into slime!
3. To the glue, add food coloring if you would like.
4. Add in your activator to the glue mixture 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Make sure to stir often. Be careful not to add too much activator or your slime will become too firm!
5. Lastly, amount of small polystyrene balls. The more you add, the crunchier your slime will become.