To make crunchy slime, all you need to do is add small polystyrene balls (you can find these at any craft store or on amazon).
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- small polystyrene balls
- food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with around a ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
- In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called activator, because this is what makes the glue turn into slime!
- To the glue, add food coloring if you would like.
- Add activator to the glue/water mixture at about a teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Be careful not to add too much or your slime will be too firm.
- Simply mix in your desired amount of the small polystyrene balls, the more the crunchier!