“Crunchy” might not be a word that comes to mind when you think of slime, but why not? Use this recipe for a unique version of slime; it’s all about the texture while you squeeze it through your hands!
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- Small polystyrene balls
- Food coloring (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
1. Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with about ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
2. In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called activator, because this is what makes the glue turn into slime!
3. To the glue, add food coloring if you would like.
4. Add in your activator to the glue mixture 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Make sure to stir often. Be careful not to add too much activator, or your slime will become too firm!
5. Lastly, add in your desired amount of small polystyrene balls. The more you add, the crunchier your slime will become.