Just like lotion adds moisture to our skin, it can also have the same effect for slime, adding moisture and giving your slime a perfect stretchy consistency. Surprisingly, hand sanitizer has the same effect!
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- Lotion or hand sanitizer
- food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
1. Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with about ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
2. In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called activator, because this is what makes the glue turn into slime!
3. To the glue, add food coloring if you would like.
4. Add in your activator to the glue mixture 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Make sure to stir often. Be careful not to add too much activator, or your slime will become too firm!
5. Once your slime has come together, you can add lotion or hand sanitizer to it and continue to knead. If either are scented, this will make your slime smell great!