To make clear slime, you can follow the same exact steps for making a regular slime, except in place of the white glue- use clear glue. To keep your slime clear, mix very slowly to avoid a lot of air bubbles, and don’t add any food coloring!
- 5 oz of clear glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with around a ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
- In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called activator, because this is what makes the glue turn into slime!
- To the glue, add food coloring if you would like.
- Add activator to the glue/water mixture at about a teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Be careful not to add too much or your slime will be too firm!