Cloud slime is slime that is softer in texture. When you pick up a handful of cloud slime and let it fall back to the table, instead of pouring out of your fingers like a waterfall like a regular slime would, cloud slime does something similar to like how snow falls from a cloud! Another way to describe the strange but amazing texture of this slime would be that it is very similar to kinetic sand. To make cloud slime, you are going to need Instant Snow (you can find this online or at a craft store). Start with a regular slime, or a fluffy slime for a fluffier texture. Here’s our recipe using fluffy slime.
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- shaving foam
- instant snow (start with ½ cup)
- Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with around a ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
- In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called activator, because this is what makes the glue turn into slime!
- To the glue, add food coloring if you would like and add shaving foam to the glue mixture, the more shaving foam you add the fluffier your slime will be. Mix well.
- Add activator to the glue/water mixture at about a teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Be careful not to add too much or your slime will be too firm!
- In a separate bowl, activate your Instant Snow using hot water. Fluff up your Instant Snow and add your slime to it! Knead until it is well mixed.