Take fluffy slime one step further with an iceberg top; see the recipe below for more details, and perhaps show your smart girl what an iceberg is, so she appreciates the effect!
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- shaving foam
1. Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with about ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
2. In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called activator, because this is what makes the glue turn into slime!
3. Add food coloring if you would like, and then add shaving foam to the glue mixture. The more shaving foam you add, the fluffier your slime will be. Mix well.
4. Add in your activator to the glue mixture 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Make sure to stir often. Be careful not to add too much activator, or your slime will become too firm!
5. Find a container to keep your fluffy slime in.
6. Knead your fluffy slime for a short amount of time, then put it in your container, and leave uncovered either in the fridge or out.
7. After a day or two, the top of your slime will dry out, and you will be able to crunch the top for the iceberg effect!