Some children may have skin that is sensitive to the typical slime activator- borax or you may not not want the messiness of glue. Here are three alternatives to making slime without one or both these ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp Suave Kids 3-in-1 Shampoo (thicker shampoos work best and choose a fragrance that you will like)
- 2 Tbsp Shaving cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pour two TBSP. of shampoo into a bowl to start with (you can add more shampoo later)
- Add the same amount of shaving cream (foam) to the shampoo and mix
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the mixture and mix
- Put mixture in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes and you have slime! If it becomes too runny you can refreeze the slime.
With Hair Conditioner
- 2 Tbsp Hair Conditioner
- ½ cup of glue
- food coloring (optional)
- contact solution or natri chloride eyedrops
- Pour glue into a mixing bowl
- Mix in 2 TBSP. of conditioner in with the glue. Make sure to mix well and get all of the clumps of hair conditioner out
- Add water and if you want, food coloring, to thin out the glue mixture
- Add your activator, contact solution or natri chorid eyedrops little by little to make slime!
- Knead or add more activator to make your slime less sticky!
- Pour around 2 TBSP. of shampoo into a bowl
- Dollop a small amount of toothpaste into the bowl and mix
- Add more toothpaste if it has not come together enough, or add more shampoo if it is too stiff
- Knead and play with your slime!