To make a fluffier slime, add shaving foam (the kind that foams up). Add this to the glue before mixing in the activator and mix very gently! This is recommended to make the slime fluffy. You can add shaving foam after your slime has been activated, but it will not be as effective. Add more shaving foam to make your slime even fluffier!
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- food coloring (optional)
- glitter (optional)
- shaving foam
- Pour ½ bottle or a full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with around a ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
- In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. This is called activator, because this is what makes the glue turn into slime!
- To the glue, add food coloring if you would like and add shaving foam to the glue mixture, the more shaving foam you add the fluffier your slime will be. Mix well.
- Add activator to the glue/water mixture at about a teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. Be careful not to add too much or your slime will be too firm!