To make a fluffier slime, add shaving foam (the kind that foams up). Add this to the glue before mixing in the activator and mix very gently! This is recommended to make the slime fluffy. You can add shaving foam after your slime has been activated, but it will not be as effective. Add more shaving foam to make your slime even fluffier!
- 5 oz of Elmer’s glue (one bottle)
- ¼ teaspoon borax powder (sodium tetraborate- can be found in the laundry section of a store)
- 1 cup warm water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Shaving foam
- Pour ½ bottle of full bottle of glue into a bowl (depending on how much slime you want to make) and mix with ¼ cup of water. (This is needed to make the glue more mixable).
2. In a separate bowl, mix ¼ teaspoon of borax powder into ½ cup of warm water. Mix well. (This is called the activator and is what turns glue into slime)
3. Add food coloring to your glue mixture (if needed) and shaving cream. The more shaving cream you add to your glue mixture, the fluffier your slime will become. Mix well.
4. Add activator to the glue mixture a teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired texture. This may take around 10-12 teaspoons, just make sure to stir often to ensure that you are not making your slime to firm.<
5. Enjoy your slime!